Travel and Tourism
Curriculum Leader: Miss H Grimes
In KS4, students follow the BTEC Tech Award in Travel and Tourism. The course is made up of three components: two that are internally assessed and one that’s externally assessed. The structure of the course allows students to build on and embed their knowledge, which then allows them to grow in confidence and put into practice what they have learned.
The course is made up of 3 components:
- Travel and Tourism Organisations and Destinations
- This unit allows students to examine the types and aims of travel and tourism organisations and different travel destinations. It is internally assessed and worth 30% of the total marks for the course.
- Influences on Global Travel and Tourism
- This unit allows students to: investigate global travel and tourism and its impact on global destinations. It is an externally assessed written exam unit, and is worth 40% of the total marks for the course.
- Customer Needs in Travel and Tourism
- This unit allows students to gain knowledge on how organisations use market research within the travel and tourism industry. It is internally assessed and worth 30% of the total marks for the course.