Academy Menu - See what meals are available today
Free School Meals - are you missing out?
There are nearly 63,000 pupils in East Sussex, however, only 8,500 children currently get free school meals. We think that there are many more children who could access these meals.
Who is Entitled?
Free school meals are not provided automatically. Free school meals can be given if you fall into one of the following categories:
- you receive Income Support
- you receive Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)
- you receive Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- you get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- you receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit
- you are entitled to Child Tax Credit, you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family's annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income unless you have become unemployed in which case free meals can be granted for a four week period only.
How to Apply
To apply for free school meals for your child, you must fill in this form and return it to the Academy front office or post to
Mrs. N Chudasama
Central Admin Supervisor
The Eastbourne Academy
If your child is eligible you will be notified by the school to confirm that your child is entitled to free school meals.