Parent Carer Forum
What is the Parent Carer Forum?
The Eastbourne Academy brings together parents, carers, school staff and other members of the school community to support the school. A group of parents and carers who meet once a term to discuss school-related issues.
This forum provides a valuable way to listen to the ideas and concerns of families and seek their views, helping to make sure the needs of children and their families are met.
Meetings are led by our Vice-Principal and give the Parent and Carer Representatives a genuine opportunity for open discussion according to a pre-published agenda.
- What is the Purpose of the Parent and Carer Forum?
The Parent and Carer Forum has 2 main aims:
- To develop a partnership between the school and Parents/Carers in order to promote and support the students’ learning and to bring about change
- To give parents and carers a voice to foster a culture of ownership and participation
In addition to the aims, the Parent and Carer Forum looks to:
- Work closely with the School Leadership Team to ensure an open and beneficial dialogue exists.
- Encourage closer links between home and school, helping Parents and Carers engage with their children’s learning.
- Assist Governors, teachers and staff by commenting on new initiatives, drawing attention to areas of concern and contributing to solutions.
- Enhance communication with and between all members of the school community.
- Develop and disseminate ideas that improve the life of The Eastbourne Academy.
Protocols for the Parent and Carer Forum.
Parents & carers will be asked to register any comments. questions or concerns via the form.
Please note that all issues, whether you raise them yourself or on behalf of other parents and carers, should be general issues, not related to a specific child, teacher or incident.
If you have specific concerns about your child your first point of contact should always be via their Year Group Leadership Team.