Health and Social Care
Health and Social Care equips our students to discover the impact of positive and negative
human development and to critically analyse how these factors affect our day-to-day lives.
Health and Social Care enables students to explore areas that influence how we develop
throughout life stages and in turn, raise expectations of how we can live successful and
healthy lives now and in the future.
Health and Social care enables students to learn about different health conditions which can affect individuals. Students will then be encouraged to develop Health Plans to improve
health and well-being along with overcoming any barriers.
Understanding of the different Care Values within Health and Social Care is developed to
enable students to learn how to work within any health or social environment and why each
one is important. Students will also be encouraged to do further research into the different
settings and roles within those settings relating them to health conditions.
Our curriculum will ensure that all of our students will have the opportunity to:
● Development of key skills that prove your aptitude in health and social care such as
interpreting data to assess an individual’s health;
● Process that underpins effective ways of working in health and social care, such as
designing a plan to improve an individual’s health and wellbeing;
● Attitudes that are considered most important in health and social care, including the
care values that are vitally important in the sector, and the opportunity to practise
● Knowledge that underpins the effective use of skills, processes and attitudes in the sector
such as human growth and development, health and social care services, and factors
affecting people’s health and wellbeing;
● The development of core knowledge and understanding of human growth and
development, how people deal with major life events, health and social care services;