Curriculum Leader: Mr N Evans
Students will have the option to choose Computer Science or Creative iMedia. Students will further develop the knowledge they have gained through KS3 applying it to the GCSE of their choice.
Computer Science students will be following the OCR J277 Computer Science course which comprises of two exam papers which are both worth 50%:
- Computer Systems
- Computational Thinking, algorithms and programming
Students will also be completing an unassessed coding project which is moderated by the exam board.
Creative iMedia students will be following the OCR J817 Creative iMedia course Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE). The course comprises of:
- A written exam paper: Pre-production Skills
- Centre Assessed task: Creating Digital Graphics
- Two more centre assessed tasks which are decided by the school.
Please read the specification and curriculum maps for further information on both subjects or contact Mr Ferdowian.
- Mr N Evans - Curriculum Leader Creative iMedia & Teacher of Computer Science
- Mrs L Humphries - Computer Science KS4
- Mr W Pratt - Computer Science KS3
Computing Curriculum Information
- Curriculum Map KS3 - Year 7
- Curriculum Map KS3 - Year 8
- Curriculum Map KS3 - Year 9
- Curriculum Map KS4 - GCSE
- Exam Board Specification
Board Subject Specification OCR
OCR Creative iMedia